NMDC Limited, previously known as National Mineral Development Corporation, is an Indian state-controlled mineral producer. It is 72.43% owned by the Government of India, under the administrative control of the Ministry of Steel.
It is involved in the exploration of iron ore, copper, rock phosphate, limestone, dolomite, gypsum, bentonite, magnesite, diamond, tin, tungsten, graphite, etc.
It is India’s largest iron ore producer and exporter producing more than 35 million tons of iron ore from 3 fully mechanized mines in Chhattisgarh and Karnataka. It also operates the only mechanized diamond mine in the country at Panna in Madhya Pradesh.
NMDC Limited is also diversifying into other raw materials for the steel industry like low silica limestone. Production of Dead Burnt magnesite and further value addition is under study through its subsidiary J K Mineral Development Corporation Limited.
NMDC Limited has taken over a Silica Sand mining and beneficiation project from Uttar Pradesh State Mineral Development Corporation Ltd., The plant has been designed to produce high purity beneficiated [clarification needed] silica sand of around 300,000 tonnes per year which is a raw material for production of float/sheet glass.
- Bailadila Iron Ore Mine, Kirandul Complex, South Bastar district, Dantewada (C.G.)
- Bailadila Iron Ore Mine, Bacheli Complex, South Bastar district, Dantewada (C.G.)
- Donimalai Iron Ore Mine, Donimalai, Bellary district, Karnataka
- Diamond Mining Project, Majhgawan, Panna (M.P.)
Iron ore mines (some as JV with State Governments):
- Sasangada Iron Ore Deposit, Jharkhand
- Ghatkuri Mine, Jharkhand
- Ramandurg, Karnataka
- Deposit – 13, Bailadila, Chhattisgarh
- Deposit-4, Bailadila, Chhattisgarh
Iron Ore Mines/Projects
- Bailadila Iron Ore Mines, Bacheli
- Bailadila Iron Ore Mines, Kirandul
- Donimalai Iron Ore Mines
- Steel/ Sponge Iron Units
- NMDC Iron & Steel Plant, Jagdalpur
- Sponge Iron Unit, Paloncha
Other Mineral Projects
- Diamond Mining Project, Panna
- Lalapur Silica Sand Project, Lalapur
- Arki Limestone Project, Arki
- Research & Development, Uppal, Hyderabad
- Global Exploration Centre, Raipur
- NMDC Central Workshop, Bacheli
- Jammu & Kashmir Mineral Development Corporation, Jammu
- NMDC-CMDC Limited, Raipur
- NMDC Regional Office, New Delhi
- NMDC Regional Office, Visakhapatnamg
- NMDC Regional Office, Mumbai
- NMDC Regional Office, Bangalore
- NMDC Regional Office, Chennai
- NMDC Regional Office, Kolkata
- NMDC Regional Office, Bhubaneswar
Every year NMDC releases various vacancies
1. Executive Trainee (ET)
Educational Qualifications: Passed Full-Time Degree in a concerned discipline in engineering with 60% marks as a minimum.
Eligible Engineering disciplines:
- Mineral Processing
- Computer Information Technology
Maximum Age – The upper age limit for NMDC Executive Trainee is 27 Years for the general category students, however special age relaxation is provided to various category students. The age relaxation is as follows:
For the SC/ST students an upper age relaxation of 5 years is provided to the students.
For the OBC (NCL) students an upper age relaxation of 3 years is provided to the students.
For the PwD students an upper age relaxation of 10 years is provided to the students.
At the time of interview, the students taking age relaxation under various categories need to present relevant documents for the same.
The selection procedure for NMDC Limited is as given below:
SNo. Part Name of the Subject Total number of marks Time Duration
1. Part 1 Subject Knowledge (on specific trade) 30 marks 2 hrs
2. General Knowledge 20 marks
3. Numerical & Reasoning Ability 20 marks
4. Part 2 Interview 30 marks
5. Total 100 marks
The Starting Basic Pay for Executive Trainee – Rs. 20,600/- per month
After 01 Year – Rs. 20,600/- to Rs. 46,500/- per month (Basic pay as Rs. 21,860/- pm)
Training and Probation:
Candidates selected as Executive Trainees will be placed on training for 01 years.
After successful completion of training, the candidates shall be placed under probation for one year.
If selected, the candidates can be posted to any Plant/Unit location of the Company.
Candidates will not be allowed to seek/apply for transfer to any other plant/unit location of the Company for an initial four years of service.
For departmental candidates, this restriction will be for an initial two years.
2. Junior Manager
The candidates must be a student of the CS & IT Discipline. I.e. MCA or BE/B.Tech (Computer/CS/IT) or Degree in Engineering + PG Diploma in Computer Application Programming/ Computer Mgt./Systems Management from a recognized University/Institute.
Experience: the candidate must have a Post qualification experience of 2 (two) years as given below in any one of the functional areas of
(i) Network & Infrastructure- Design/modify LAN, WAN, Firewalls, L2/L3 Switches, Routers, Leased lines, Windows Active Directory, DNS, Exchange Server, Virtualisation. (ii
(ii) Database/System Administration – Manage database like Oracle, SQL Server, perform DBA related tasks, UNIX, Linux, Windows Server Management, write scripts, backup/recovery, apply patches, upgrades.
(iii) Software – Write/maintain programs in languages like C/C++/Java/JSP, VB, .NET, create stored procedures, functions, database triggers etc., create and maintain websites, manage middleware, perform software engineering tasks.
The candidate must be a student of Instrumentation Discipline: Degree in Instrumentation Engineering from a recognised University/Institute.
Experience: The candidate must have minimum 2 (two) years of post-qualification working experience in the process industries like Iron & Steel /Benefaction/Pellet/Power/Fertilizers/ Chemical/ Cement plants.
Pay Scale: The pay scale for junior manger is 50000-3%-160000
Mode of Selection: The candidates will be called for Interview/GD or both for the post of M-2 and M-4 grade on the basis of performance in the Written Test by following reservation policy. However, the candidate should secure minimum marks in Written Test, which is as follows: 6 “SC/ST-30 marks, OBC-35 marks and UR – 40 marks”.
These are the vacancies for which NMDC recruits engineers. For all the candidates who are interested they can apply if they fit in the other criterion.
All the candidates who are interested in any of the above mentioned posts can apply for the post via NMDC official website. NMDC is a very known organisation and provides great opportunity for candidates who are looking for a great career ahead. Kindly let us know if you have any queries related to the above mentioned posts.
* Note: This is not a job notification and should be treated or quoted as the same. The purpose of this article is to give the aspirants a detailed knowledge about the organization, the various job profiles and the procedure of recruitment. Job notifications are posted separately on our blog as and when they are published by the issuing authority.