Most of the people are unaware of the fact that, our mind and our body are directly linked. Everything that our body does is a result of commands being given by our brain. These commands get processed in several stages and cause lot of alterations which finally makes our body act the way it does. Inversely, our body also affects our brain. The body is full of nerve endings which send signals to the brain according to which our brain reacts further. Moreover, even our internal organs are regulated by the brain, and they also send signals to the brain based on which the brain send further signals to the organs causing them to respond accordingly.
Thus, to maintain a healthy mind, it is essential to maintain a healthy body, including internal organs, and vice versa. The more we shape our body, the more our mind gets shaped. In this regard, physical fitness is extremely beneficial. Optimum physical exercise helps to maintain a healthy body, externally and internally by regulating blood flow, increasing the oxygen-carrying capacity of blood, keeping the different parts as well as organs active, eliminating toxin from the body as well as by regulating various other biological phenomenon that take place within the human body. A healthy body fights against many anomalies and helps multiple parts and organs to rejuvenate. This enables the brain to be at peace since a lot less stress signals are sent to it. Thus, a healthy body helps you to grow independently with a peaceful, healthy and positive mind.
This healthy and positive mind is extremely beneficial. Just like a healthy body can do more physical work, a healthy mind can do more mental work. The toxins which degrade the functioning power of mind are not just limited to stress signals sent by the body. It also comprises mental stresses and disturbances which in turn destroy the balance required to maintain a healthy and active mind. A mind with toxins, in form of stress signals, and other negatives, affecting its functioning, works less efficiently as well as gets fatigued quickly. In comparison to this if all these toxins are eliminated as soon as they appear then, the efficiency of the mind increases. Also, it gets fatigued less easily. The brain works sharper and finds smarter as well as healthier solutions to handle all problems. It is also is more creative and productive. A healthy mind, moreover, helps boost one’s memory and helps one retain more.
A physically fit healthy body tends to increases the proportion of endorphins in our mind by reducing body induced mental stresses. Endorphins are considered as “feeling good” chemicals that are released by our brain to make us feel positive and jolly. Thus, a healthy body leads to a healthy mind. Stress is part of our daily lives. Whether it be perfectly mental stress or body/ organ induced mental stress, it is there and is inevitable.
The chronic stress is making us ill. It is, presently, a significant issue in the world affecting billions of people. It causes harms in the following ways:
- It depletes the salt content in our bodies.
- It accelerates the fat formation.
- It destroys the body’s resistance power.
- It increases the chances of diseases, infections, illness, etc.
- The immunity of the body weakens.
- It increases the risk of diabetes.
- It improves the heart rate and functioning.
- It increases the cholesterol levels.
- It may accelerate the chances of heart attacks.
- It increases the chances of blood clotting.
Therefore, the key point to focus on, is how to reduce these stresses to an extent that they don’t affect the body (and, thus the mind) and the mind negatively. This is where activities like workouts, physical games, and other activities aimed at promoting physical (and in turn mental) as well as mental health come into play. A great body and mind help in balancing and reducing stress throughout one’s life.
Besides physical activities, meditation and yoga also plays a vital role in achieving a healthy body and thus a mind. Meditation helps in relieving mental as well as physical stresses. Meditation and yoga, also focus on improving the flow of energy through and around the body as well as on improving the systems which run the body. That is the reason why they are known to eliminate various medical anomalies from the root and cure the body and mind rather than just healing it. These activities are essential to improve the overall health of the body and mind. Soothing and alluring the mind is also vital to make it healthier. If the connection between our body and mind is lost, then the mind-body balance gets disturbed causing a barrier in the overall efficient functioning of our entire system. This is one reason why these days more focus is being given to use the mind and body equally. Just like the mind plays a crucial role in regulating our bodies, similarly, the body also plays a vital role in regulating the function of our mind.
Student life is also full of ups and downs. If noticed correctly, one will observe that all students are advised to not only study but also dedicate some time of their day for playing games involving the use of physical strength. Ever imagined why this is so? This is simply because this helps the students divert their mind from the stresses and also keeps the body, including the internal organs, active as well as healthy. This, in turn, leads to a healthy brain, a positive mind, therefore, an overall a healthy mind. A healthy body always helps to keep a person happy and active all the time. Thus, all-round development is a must, and this includes keeping one’s body healthy for a healthy mind.
Various institutions of excellent reputation, all over the world have taken steps to ensure all-round development of their students. Pupils are encouraged not just to study but also to play or exercise their bodies to develop a sharper and clearer mind. In today’s world of competition even coaching centers have now started adopting this policy. Even they have now started to develop strategies to ensure the mental well-being of their students along with preparing them towards reaching their target.
One of the best coaching Institute MADE EASY works prominently on such issues. They give their students the best educational facilities and also focus on their mental well-being. MADE EASY encourage their students to engage their minds in positive and natural things. They have been found to promote a healthy body for a healthy mind strategy by encouraging students to get involved in some physical activities as well rather than just studying all day.
Daily exercise/yoga, playing games (outdoor, indoor), watching television/movies and roaming, all are among the essential things. It must be noted that all these activities have a proper time and must be undertaken according to it.
Adequate sleep is a must. Inadequate sleep leads to both physical and mental exhaustion since the body and mind cannot rejuvenate completely which leads to stress accumulation causing fatigue. A tired body requires enough sleep; else it remains stressed and in turn, stresses the brain and leads to a disturbed mind. Similarly, an exhausted brain demands rest, else the proper functioning of the body gets hampered. This again proves the relationship between our body and our mind as well as proves that a healthy body leads to a healthy mind and vice- versa.
SOME MEASURES TO ELIMINATE STRESS AND DEPRESSION:
- Calm your mind and divert it as much as possible towards natural and beautiful things.
- Focus on stress elimination activities and energy purifying activities.
- Keep a motto of Healthy Body- Healthy Mind. Motivate yourself as much as you can towards fulfilling your daily schedule of maintaining physical fitness. Keep in mind that this will keep you active all day long.
- Speak to people and share things about your stress and problems. This will lessen your blood pressure levels and heart rate.
- Being happy is one of the best solutions to all your problems. Happiness and laughing can decrease your stress levels. It acts as a stress-destroying element.
- Social support has claimed to relieve the effects of stress and increase longevity in people. There are many social support groups which you can join.
- Act and behave healthily. Schedule and maintain a daily physical activity program and aim towards achieving optimum health.
- Have an adequate sleep on a regular basis. The optimum hours of required sleep for an average person is 8 hours. Improper sleep leads to lots of problems. Sleep affects many conditions of our body besides affecting brain functioning. An irregular sleep will affect your activities of the next day as well.
- Nutrition and eating habits are the most important. A healthy eating habit should be followed by everybody. The content of sugar and salt should be not too high or too low. We must intake water regularly as per the daily requirement. Too much water intake also causes problems in some people. Staying hydrated will in itself keep body far from most of the health conditions. The consumption of fruits and vegetable is equally essential.
HAVE A HEALTHY LIFE AHEAD.