GATE or Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering is one of the toughest exams. It is the front door to PSU jobs, postgraduate degree/ doctoral degree programmes in top engineering institutes and CSIR fellowships. GATE examination is conducted by Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bengaluru and the seven Indian Institute of Technology (IITs), jointly. It is an examination of national importance. It is conducted worldwide and is open to people of all countries. The number of aspirants for GATE 2019 exam is estimated to be more than one million. This comprises of freshers, final year students and pass out of previous years. Only 5 months remain for GATE 2019 examination. GATE exam preparations are on high, and so is nervousness level of the aspirants.
How to prepare for GATE effectively is the question of concern in everyone’s mind. MADE EASY brings to you, thus, the toppers strategies for GATE exam preparation. These strategies will help the aspirants to prepare to the best of their capabilities. If you have been looking for the right path to crack GATE 2019, you have come to the right place. MADE EASY, brings to you the answers to the mind-boggling questions that are in your mind regarding GATE 2019. These are applicable to all the aspirants. So let’s enlighten you for achieving great success in GATE 2019.
TOPPER’S PREPARATION STRATEGIES FOR GATE 2019
GATE is a very tough nut to crack. Preparing oneself, only, is not at all enough to do well in the GATE 2019 exam. It takes some extra efforts and valuable suggestions to crack the examination with high scores. It is a well-known fact that we all learn from experiences of others. They are a valuable source of lessons for everyone. Thus, we bring you such valuable advice from the people who have achieved big in GATE exam. Here is a list of top 10 GATE tips for GATE 2019 preparation that has been provided by former GATE toppers:
1: GATE 2019- ACQUAINT YOURSELF WITH THE EXAM
- GATE exam is conducted once a year only.
- It is meant for people who want to take admission in Masters degree program in top engineering institutes in India. It is also meant for people seeking PSU jobs and trying to obtain a CSIR Junior Research Fellowship.
- GATE 2019 examination will be a single paper examination. The exam will be conducted online. The total duration of GATE 2019 exam will be 3 hours. A total of 65 questions will be there making it a total of 100 marks.
- The questions which will appear will include both multiple choice questions and numerical type questions.
- The Eexamination will be conducted in all the major cities in India. GATE 2019 will also be conducted in selected locations out of India.
2: KNOW YOUR SYLLABUS AND THE WEIGHTAGE OF EACH TOPIC
- GATE 2019 includes all the streams of engineering as well as some from other programmes. It is very important to know the subjects from your stream that are included in the exam. Missing out on a subject can cost you valuable marks.
- Take note of all the topics from each subject that are included in the exam. Prepare each topic well.
- Every subject and every topic has different weightage. Make sure that you analyze previous year GATE question papers properly. This will help you to understand which subjects and areas to focus on more. EASY previous years question papers of GATE book can be of great help, where the first page of every subject contain a detailed analysis of weightage of the subject over the years.
3: APPROPRIATE BOOKS AND RESOURCES ARE A MUST
- Selecting appropriate books for preparation is a must.
- Read only one or two books for each subject. Give priority to reading from a book. Then proceed to other resources.
- There are various online and offline resources available. Take help of the online videos like NPTEL etc.
- Books that have been studied during the undergraduate course can be a starting point.
4: DO’S AND DON’TS DURING GATE EXAM PREPARATION
- Analyze and understand the pattern of previous question papers.
- Focus on concepts rather than memorizing everything.
- Practice previous years’ question papers as much as possible.
- Practice mock tests. Revise regularly and also try to solve tougher questions.
- Analyze the questions asked in subject whether it is more of theory questions or more of numerical and then give priority in studying accordingly.
- Gate always has conceptual & numerical questions mostly. Try to find shorter methods to solve problems.
- Time management is a must. In GATE time is marks.
5: PLAN YOUR GATE 2019 EXAM PREPARATION
- Start preparing as early as possible. Starting early will enable you to practice more.
- Create a plan for your GATE exam preparation. Plan according to your comfort and make sure that it is productive.
- Revise, revise, revise and revise. The more times you revise, the better your brain retains the information.
- If you cannot self-prepare then opt for preparatory courses. Various such courses are available for online GATE preparation Like MADE EASY Online Test series. Offline courses are also available in case you want classroom teaching. MADE EASY classroom courses have been found to be extremely effective for the preparation of GATE exam.
- An excellent idea is to make a routine. Also, set targets and work hard towards achieving it. Daily, weekly and monthly targets can seriously help.
6: FOLLOW YOUR PLAN
- Make sure that you follow your plan. Do not get distracted. Work towards achieving your targets before time if possible. (but remember you set realistic targets.)
- Start with the basics. Then move on to the tougher subjects. A tree can only grow after its roots are strong enough to hold it.
- Study every topic.
- Make notes. Revise your notes as many times as possible.
- Practice topic wise question papers to complete each topic efficiently.
- Attempt the tests for each subject to know your performance.
- If you have any doubt, clear it immediately.
- Identify your weaknesses and work towards strengthening them. Do not proceed to other sections until and unless you have the strong grip on previous section completely.
- Revision of notes is very important, and it is only through revision that the brain can retain all the data efficiently.
- Revise weekly. Keep a day or two in a week exclusively for revising.
- The time taken for revision should gradually decrease. If it does not, then return to that topic and prepare it well again.
- Practice the numerical as well. Revising only theory will get you nowhere.
8: TAKE MOCK TESTS
- The mock tests conducted by MADE EASY have been known to be very accurate and effective over the years. You can take mock tests and analyze your performance level.
- Pay attention to your strengths and weaknesses during the mock test. Pay attention to the post analysis of the mock tests. Improve the areas in which you are lagging. This includes subject related as well time management issues. This will help you score better marks in the real examination.
9: A MONTH BEFORE THE EXAM
- In the last month before the exam revise and practice as much as you can. The more you do, the better you’ll be able to perform on final examination day.
- Take tests. Identify your weaknesses. Work hard on improving them. Make sure that you improve in those areas for sure.
- Take test every day. Recapitulate and revise during the tests as well.
- Do not panic or doubt yourself. The more you practice, the more your confidence will get a boost
10: SOLVE GATE QUESTION PAPERS
- A very important part of GATE exam preparation is practicing past GATE question papers.
- Practice as many question papers as possible. The question papers are available online for download. Furthermore, you can buy GATE previous years’ question paper books.
- GATE question papers not only help you prepare better but also helps you in finding a trend in the questions. Analyze the trends and prepare yourself further accordingly.
11: AT THE LAST MINUTE BEFORE GATE 2019 Exam
- During the last 15 days revise as much as you can, don’t do any new development in this period.
- Revise every concept and numerical solving methods.
- Solve a few more test papers.
- Make sure that you sleep well. 8 hours of sleep, at least, every day is an absolute must.
- Do not PANIC!
- Be ready with your admit card and all the necessary documents.
All these advices are extremely valuable. They have been directly provided by GATE toppers. If followed correctly, these advices can help the aspirants prepare well. Moreover, these advices can also help the aspirants to score exceptionally well in GATE 2019.
MADE EASY WISHES ALL THE ASPIRANTS A GREAT LUCK FOR GATE 2019.