Rashtriya Ispat Nigam Limited – RINL also known as VIZAG Steel is a Navratna status company. It is the entity of Visakhapatnam Steel Plant (VSP). It is India’s first shore-based built-in Steel Plant. Vizag Steel is the main producer of lengthy steel products in India having an intensive market in Infrastructure, Construction, Vehicle, and Electrical and Forging business. Also, with an annual turnover of over 12,781 crores, the Firm is ramping up its manufacturing capability to attain rated capacity of 7.3 metric tonnes per annum liquid steel capacity.
Every year Rashtriya Ispat Nigam Limited recruits graduate engineers as Management Trainee (Technical) in Electrical, Mechanical, and Metallurgy Branches through GATE and also Junior Trainee in Mechanical, Electrical, Metallurgy and Instrumentation for Diploma candidates. So, in this article we will be discussing the Management Trainee recruitment to the Vizag steel. The syllabus for the recruitment is similar to that of GATE. The interview however requires a good knowledge of your branch related subjects as well as that of the organization.
After selection the candidates can be posted anywhere across the India where Rashtriya Ispat Nigam Limited is established.
In this article we would like to talk about Vizag steel plant recruitment of Management Trainee and therefore the article is divided into 4 parts:
- Eligibility Criteria
- Selection Procedure
- Cut off
- Job profile
A. Eligibility criteria
1. Age limit:
a. Management Trainee.
The upper age limit for the Vizag Steel recruitment is 27 years. However, some relaxations are also provided like:
- Upper age relaxation by 5 years for SC/ST.
- Relaxation by 3 years for OBC candidates (non-creamy layer)
- Upper age limit relaxable is 10 years for PWD candidates.
- Those domiciled in the state of Jammu & Kashmir from 1/1/80 to 31/12/89 will be allowed 5 years’ relaxation in upper age limit.
2. Educational Qualifications:
One can apply to these given posts if they fulfill the eligibility criteria. However, The Qualifications are different for various posts depending on the branch one has applied from. Apart from the Educational Qualifications other eligibility criteria are also mentioned.
Therefore, we shall first discuss the Educational Qualification for the various posts of assistant Manager and Junior engineer.
|S No.||Discipline||Eligible branches||Qualification|
|1||Electrical||Electrical & Electronics Engineering / Electrical, Instrumentation & Control / Power Systems & High Voltage Engineering / Electrical Machine / Electronics & Power / Power Electronics / Power Plant Engineering / Energy Engineering||Full-time Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Technology in ELECTRICAL disciplines from a University/ Deemed to be University / Institute of National Importance, recognized by AICTE with minimum 60% of marks in the aggregate of all years / semesters and all subjects (50% in aggregate for SC/ST/PWD candidates).|
|2||Mechanical||Mechanical & Automation / Mechatronics / Industrial & Production Engineering / Industrial Engineering / Mechanical Production & Tool Engineering / Production Technology Manufacturing Engineering / Manufacturing process & Automation /
Production Engineering / Power Engineering
|Full-time Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Technology in MECHANICAL disciplines from a University/ Deemed to be University / Institute of National Importance, recognized by AICTE with minimum 60% of marks in the aggregate of all years / semesters and all subjects (50% in aggregate for SC/ST/PWD candidates).|
|3||Metallurgy||Metallurgy||Full-time Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Technology in METALLURGY disciplines from a University/ Deemed to be University / Institute of National Importance, recognized by AICTE with minimum 60% of marks in the aggregate of all years / semesters and all subjects (50% in aggregate for SC/ST/PWD candidates).|
Apart from the above mentioned qualification there are other Special cases where a person can apply for the above posts:
- Candidates have to produce the Provisional Certificate and Mark Sheets in original as proof of having passed the qualifying degree with specified percentage of marks during Interview.
- Final Year Students: Final year students, if selected should be in a position to submit their provisional certificate and final marks sheets by August 2019.
B. Selection Procedure:
The selection process of Vizag Steel does not require any separate examination. The PSU, similar to various other PSUs, recruits directly through GATE. Thus, the selection procedure for Vizag steel consists of three steps which are the following:
- Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE)-2019.
Thus, the eligible candidates desirous to apply for the post of MT(Tech) in Rashtriya Ispat Nigam Limited are required to appear for GATE-2019 in the relevant discipline.
- Candidates have to qualify in the GATE-2019 examination.
- Candidates shortlisted on the basis of their performance in GATE-2019 will be shortlisted to appear for Personal Interview.
- The candidates who are qualified in Personal Interview shall only be considered for final selection process
- Final merit list will be prepared based on GATE-2019 score and scores obtained by the
- candidates in Personal Interview.
- The organization will prepare discipline-wise and category-wise Merit list.
- All the candidates after the Interview will have to undergo the medical fitness test(s) and meet the medical standards prescribed by Rashtriya Ispat Nigam Limited for various posts.
- Some of the Medical standards are:
- Candidates should be of sound physique, free from any physical defect.
- Medical standards stipulate minimum requirements of Height and Weight, as under:
- Male candidates: Minimum Height-150cms
- Minimum Weight 45 kgs
- Female candidates Minimum Height 143 cms
- Minimum Weight 35 kgs
- Myopia and Hypermetropia, if any, not to exceed -8.00D or +6.00D in each eye.
However, The above physical standards are only indicative and not exhaustive
Syllabus: The syllabus for the Vizag steel plant is similar to that of GATE as Vizag conducts no special exam for its recruitment.
C. GATE Cut off for Vizag steel
Every year the GATE cutoff for Vizag Steel varies based on the vacancy, candidates applied and their requirements. Similarly, for the year 2019 also the cut off varied based on the 77 posts that were released by the organization. Earlier the Vizag Steel conducted its own examination therefore the GATE cut off for the Vizag Steel recruitment for the year 2018 has been mentioned below.
For the Persons with Disability
|S No.||Category||GATE-2018 Cut off marks (O/o 100)|
OH-Orthopedically Handicapped; OL-One Leg affected; OA-One Arm affected; HH: Hearing Handicapped; VH-Visually Handicapped;
D. Job Details
Visakhapatnam Steel Plant, popularly known as Vizag Steel, is an integrated steel producer in Visakhapatnam, India built using German and Soviet technology. It recruits Engineers from the field of Electrical, Mechanical and Metallurgy for various job profiles across the country.
TRAINING & PROBATION:
The Organization will place the candidates selected as Management Trainees on training for one year. Further, after successful completion of training, the candidates shall be placed under probation for one more year.
Pay & Emoluments:
Selected candidates will be offered a Basic Pay of Rs. 20,600/- p.m. which will be further revised after successful completion of training.
|S No.||Post||Before||After Training|
|1||Management Trainee / Electrical||Rs20,600-3%-46,500||24,900-3%-50,500/|
|2||Management Trainee / Mechanical||Rs20,600-3%-46,500||24,900-3%-50,500/|
|3||Management Trainee / Metalurgy||Rs20,600-3%-46,500||24,900-3%-50,500/|
- Besides Basic Pay, the organization will also pay Dearness Allowance to the Management Trainees.
- They will also be entitled for other perquisites and benefits such as PF, Gratuity and other perks & allowances as per rules of the Company in vogue.
- In addition, the Company provides benefits like Leave encashment, housing and free medical facility for self and dependents as per rules in vogue.
- The CTC would be around 9.81 lakhs p.a. during training period and Rs 11.86 lakhs p.a. after training period.
- As this would be direct recruitment on initial basic, the Company will not bear any liability on account of Salary/ leave salary/ pension contribution etc., of previous employment, if any.
- Organization accepts only Online Applications. It will not accept any other form of application.
- All qualifications should be from a recognized Board/University/Institution in India.
- All Certificates should be in English or Hindi.
- Wherever CGPA/OGPA/DGPA or letter grade in a degree is awarded, equivalent percentage of marks should be indicated in the application (online) as per norms adopted by University/Institute without any notice.
- Candidates should produce the required certificates in original in proof of Age, Caste,
- Qualification, etc. at the time of interview failing which their applications will be rejected.
- Candidates employed in Government departments / PSEs / Autonomous Bodies have to produce No Objection Certificate (NOC) at the time of interview.
- Canvassing in any form shall disqualify the candidature.
- The candidates selected against this advertisement shall be liable to be posted anywhere in RINL units including any of Company’s Captive Mines or Marketing Branch Offices located all over India.
The notification for the year 2019 has already been released and the application date is over on the 20th of February 2019. The organization released 70 posts in 2019. Any candidate who wants to join this Navratna Company can easily apply for the Vizag steel recruitment 2020. Vizag will do the recruitment through GATE 2020. So keeping the above points in mind make sure you give your best in the GATE 2020 preparation. These are all the important things one should know about the Vizag Steel recruitment. Vizag Steel provides an amazing opportunity for all the candidates to take up an exciting job which has huge scope of improvement and growth.