RRB JE recruitment 2019 CBT-1 exam has been conducted and the official answer keys have been released on 11th of July, 2019. In this article we will be discussing about the Expected Cut-Off for RRB JE 2019 CBT-1. We will also be discussing about the pattern of CBT-2 and the study material required for RRB JE CBT-2.
The Indian Railway recruitment board had released 13,487 vacancies for recruitment of Junior Engineer (JE), Junior Engineer (Information Technology), Depot Material Superintendent (DMS) and Chemical & Metallurgical Assistant (CMA). The notification was released by the Indian Railway recruitment board on 29 December 2018.
RRB JE 2019 Important Facts:
- The entire recruitment process shall involve, 1st stage Computer Based Test (CBT), 2nd stage CBT, and Document Verification/ Medical Examination as applicable.Selection will be made strictly as per merit, on the basis of CBTs. The date, time and venue for all the activities viz CBTs and DV or any other additional activity as applicable shall be fixed by the RRB and shall be intimated to the eligible candidates in due course.
- CBT-1 is a screening test, that is the exam is qualifying in nature. The marks obtained in CBT-1 will not be added while forming the final merit list for selection in RRB exam for engineers.
- Zone-wise shortlisting of candidates for 2nd Stage CBT shall be done at the rate of 15 times (may increase or decrease as per the requirement of Railway Administration). The shortlisting of 2nd Stage CBT will be based on the merit of the candidates in 1st Stage CBT. The RRB-wise shortlisted candidates for 2nd Stage CBT shall be advised through the official websites of RRBs and e-mail to download their e-call letter for appearing in the 2nd Stage CBT.
- There shall be negative marking for incorrect answers in CBTs. 1/3rd of the marks allotted for each question shall be deducted for each wrong answer.
- Candidates equal to the number of vacancies will be called for DV based on their merit in 2nd Stage CBT and options. In addition, extra candidates will also be called over and above the number of vacancies to maintain standby list up to 50% of the vacancies notified.
- Short listing of Candidates for the DV shall be based on the normalized marks obtained by them in 2nd Stage CBT. The normalization scheme to be adopted for short listing the candidates from 1st Stage CBT to 2nd Stage CBT.
RRB JE 2019 CBT-1 Pattern:
Duration of CBT-1 was 90 minutes (120 Minutes for eligible PwBD candidates accompanied with Scribe). The 1st stage CBT is of screening nature and the standard of questions for the CBT will be generally in conformity with the educational standards and/or minimum technical qualifications prescribed for the posts. The normalized score of 1st stage exam shall be used only for short listing of candidates for 2nd stage exam as per their merit.
The Questions were of objective type with multiple choices and included questions pertaining to:
- Mathematics: Number systems, BODMAS, Decimals, Fractions, LCM and HCF, Ratio and Proportion, Percentages, Mensuration, Time and Work, Time and Distance, Simple and Compound Interest, Profit and Loss, Algebra, Geometry, Trigonometry, Elementary Statistics, Square Root, Age Calculations, Calendar & Clock, Pipes & Cistern.
- General Intelligence and Reasoning: Analogies, Alphabetical and Number Series, Coding and Decoding, Mathematical operations, Relationships, Syllogism, Jumbling, Venn Diagram, Data Interpretation and Sufficiency, Conclusions and Decision Making, Similarities and Differences, Analytical reasoning, Classification, Directions, Statement – Arguments and Assumptions etc.
- General Awareness: Knowledge of Current affairs, Indian geography, culture and history of India including freedom struggle, Indian Polity and constitution, Indian Economy, Environmental issues concerning India and the World, Sports, General scientific and technological developments etc.
- General Science: Physics, Chemistry and Life Sciences (up to 10th Standard CBSE syllabus).
The section wise Number of questions and marks are as below:
|Number of questions||Marks for each section|
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||25||25|
|Time (in minutes)||90|
*Minimum percentage of marks for eligibility in various categories, that is RRB JE cut off for qualifying CBT-1 is: UR -40%, OBC-30%, SC-30%, ST -25%. These percentage of marks for eligibility may be relaxed by 2% for PwBD candidates, in case of shortage of PwBD candidates against vacancies reserved for them.
RRB JE 2019 CBT-1 Expected Cut-Off Analysis:
After a detailed and deliberate analysis of the various sessions of exams conducted this year and synchronizing it with the data of the previous year cut-offs, MADE EASY has come up with a tentative cut-off which can be expected in RRB JE 2019 CBT-1.
These cut-offs are tentative in nature and can vary depending on various factors. However, due effort has been put by the Research & Development team of MADE EASY to prepare the list of expected cut-offs.
Before we go into the details of the expected cut-offs, let’s have a look at the trend of previous years’ cut-offs of RRB JE.
|Zones||Category wise Cut Off|
Now, let’s have a look at the expected cut-off for this year, i.e. RRB JE 2019 CBT-1:
Expected Cut-Off for RRB JE 2019 CBT-1 Exam:
|Category||Expected Cut-Off (Out of 100 Marks)|
|General||52 to 55 Marks|
|OBC||50 to 53 Marks|
|SC||40 to 43 Marks|
|ST||38 to 41 Marks|
RRB JE 2019 CBT-2
Short listing of Candidates after RRB JE results for CBT-1 has been declared, for the 2nd Stage CBT exam shall be based on the normalized marks obtained by them in the 1st Stage CBT Exam. Total number of candidates to be shortlisted for 2nd Stage shall be 15 times the community wise total vacancies for RRB JE recruitment 2019.
The duration of the exam would be 120 minutes (160 Minutes for eligible PwBD candidates accompanied with Scribe). The Questions will be of objective type with multiple choices and are likely to include questions pertaining to General Awareness, Physics and Chemistry, Basics of Computers and Applications, Basics of Environment and Pollution Control and Technical abilities for the post.
The syllabus for General Awareness, Physics and Chemistry, Basics of Computers and Applications, Basics of Environment and Pollution Control is common for all notified posts under this CEN as detailed below:
Knowledge of Current affairs, Indian geography, culture and history of India including freedom struggle, Indian Polity and constitution, Indian Economy, Environmental issues concerning India and the World, Sports, General scientific and technological developments etc.
- Physics and Chemistry:Up to 10th standard CBSE syllabus.
- Basics of Computers and Applications:Architecture of Computers; input and Output devices; Storage devices, Networking, Operating System like Windows, Unix, Linux; MS Office; Various data representation; Internet and Email; Websites & Web Browsers; Computer Virus.
Basics of Environment and Pollution Control
Basics of Environment; Adverse effect of environmental pollution and control strategies; Air, water and Noise pollution, their effect and control; Waste Management, Global warming; Acid rain; Ozone depletion.
This section, aimed at testing the technical abilities for the applied post, will have questions from the relevant educational qualifications, mentioned against each post. The complete syllabus can be seen from the Annexure 7 of the complete official notification.
The section wise Number of questions and marks for RRB JE CBT-2, are as below:
|Number of questions||Marks for each section|
|Physics and Chemistry||15||15|
|Basics of computer and applications||10||10|
|Basics of Environment and Pollution Control||10||10|
|Time (in minutes)||120|
RRB JE cut off for various categories for CBT-2 are: UR -40%, OBC-30%, SC-30%, ST -25%.
*Virtual calculator will be made available on the Computer Monitor during 2nd Stage CBT.
RRB JE 2019 CBT-2 Study Material:
MADE EASY has come up with a Postal Study Package which will specifically cater to the needs of the aspirants of RRB JE 2019 CBT-2. This postal package has been designed by the Research & Development team of MADE EASY, keeping in mind the trend of previous years question papers and the level of difficulty of the questions.
Due to the shortage of time and our commitment towards giving the students only the best, we couldn’t come up with classroom program for RRB JE this year. However, we have made sure that this Postal Study Package serves as a holistic guide for your success in RRB JE 2019.
*Special Discounts have also been introduced in the Postal Study Package for RRB JE 2019 CBT-2.
For more information regarding the Postal Study Package for RRB JE 2019 CBT-2, click here.