National Buildings Construction Corporation Limited (NBCC), is a Government of India Navratna Enterprise. With operations spreading across India & Overseas, the Company is organized into three market-focused segments: PMC (Project Management Consultancy), EPC (Engineering Procurement & Construction) & RE (Real Estate).
Table of Contents
NBCC’s areas of operation encompass three (03) Primary Segments namely:
- Project Management Consultancy (PMC): Executing landmark projects in diversified sectors as also Redevelopment Projects for Government.
- Engineering Procurement & Construction (EPC): Working in a niche market and constructing Chimneys, Cooling Towers for Power Sector.
- Real Estate Development: Developing Residential and Commercial inventories for Governments and the Public at large.
NBCC has set up Subsidiary Companies named:
- NBCC Services Limited (NSL) to provide post-construction maintenance services to clients
- NBCC Engineering & Consultancy Ltd. (NECL) to carry on business operations as Design Consultants providing comprehensive solutions through a team of multiple skills sets including – Architects, Structural Engineers, Valuers, Urban Planners, Interior designers & MEP Engineers.
- NBCC Gulf LLC to carry out commercial construction activities of buildings, roads, airports, harbour, water sewerage and electricity network in Oman and its neighbouring Countries.
- Real Estate Development & Construction Corporation of Rajasthan Limited, a JV Company to look into various re-development projects in Real Estate Sector across Rajasthan State.
NBCC International Limited to extensively and exclusively pursue its operations overseas.
- NBCC Environment Engineering Limited (NEEL) to exclusively implement all environment related projects both existing as well as upcoming.
- Hindustan Steelworks Construction Limited (HSCL) HSCL established in 1964 under the aegis of Ministry of Steel was taken over by NBCC(I) Limited as a subsidiary on April 2017. NBCC will leverage from HSCL’s business activities leading to diversification and new business avenues in steel vertical.
- Hospital Services Consultancy Corporation Limited (HSCC)The company has acquired 100 percent stake in HSCC (India) Ltd., formerly known as Hospital Services Consultancy Corporation Limited, which specialises in works of Health Sector, with a vision to secure business synergies.
Every year NBCC recruits various engineers for different posts. With respect to the same please find the important details regarding every posts.
National Building Construction Corporation Ltd. (NBCC), a Maharatna company recruits the Civil Engineers graduates on the basis of GATE score for the position of Management Trainee.
- Educational Qualifications: Civil Engineering or equivalent Degree from Government recognised University/Institute. And the required aggregate is 60%.
Full-Time Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent from Govt. recognized University/Institute with minimum 60% aggregate marks.
- Age limit: The maximum age limit for the post of management Trainee in NBCC is 29 years with special reservation for various student’s category students.
- Selection procedure: The selection of the candidates is based on the only GATE Score. First of all, the candidates have to fill the application form. Then the forms which were filled by the eligible candidates will be selected by the NBCC. After selection, the selected candidates will get their offer letter. The offer letter will be assigned according to category wise merit list.
GATE Score – 85 %
Group Discussion/or Personal Interview – 15%
Total 100 %
The appointed candidates will undergo comprehensive on the job training during the probation period of one year. Upon successful completion of training, they will get confirmation letter as E1 level on the post of Sr. Project Executive.
- Surety Bond
The candidates who will be selected will have to submit a Surety Bond, to ensure that they serve the Company for at least 3 years. If a candidate resign earlier then he have to submit the liquidated damages amounting to Rs. 1 lac.
- Job Profile: NBCC specializes in the Real estate, Infrastructure, Construction industries. It is one of the sought after PSUs where budding civil engineers gain exceptional experience, learn core business and management concepts, network extensively and are fruitfully compensated for their dedication, acumen and industrious efforts
- Documents required: Note that all documents have to be in .jpg format and within 100 KB in size.
Copy of GATE 2020 Admit Card
Passport photo similar to GATE
Scanned copy of Signature same as GATE
Prescribed qualification/mark sheet as per the requisite qualification
ePayment Receipt must be in pdf format
Cut off marks
The NBCC GATE Cut-off is the minimum marks which candidates must score in the examination. The cut-off will depend on the various factors such as the number of candidates appeared in the exam, the difficulty level of exam & a total number of seats available,
It is decided based on the number of students who altogether appeared for the exam.
Then, they consider the number of students who have cleared the exam.
The difficulty level of question paper is also taken into consideration.
The number of vacancies which are available for recruitment of candidates is considered.
They could also consider cut off marks sectional wise of the paper. The cutoff marks of NBCC GATE are the minimum marks obtained by the candidates to shortlist the selection list based on GATE Entrance Examination.
2018 cut off for civil
- Educational Qualifications: Degree in engineering or equivalent from recognised University/ Institution with 60% aggregate marks for NBCC JE Jobs.
- Subjects: Civil, Electrical, IT, Mechanical
- Age limit: The upper age limit for junior Engineer is 28 years. However, some relaxation is provided to various category students.
- Selection procedure: The Work candidates who applied for NBCC Jr Engineer Recruitment 2019 will undergo selection through the following procedure:
- Written Test (Only).
- Pay scale: Junior Engineer: S-2 (Rs. 9,760 (Open Ended)) for NBCC JE Jobs.
‘Centre for Innovation and R&D’ of National Buildings Construction Corporation Limited has been set up in association with IIT Roorkee, is engaged in providing a comprehensive framework to nurture a strong organisational research culture, to ensure a high-quality technology output, to improve the quality of work for durability and sustainability, to assist in the creation of wealth and the wellbeing of the construction.
With its amazing culture and open door policy NBCC is one the best public sector organisation to work with. In order to reap professional Excellence with other multi faceted benefits such as assessing and benchmarking Company’s People Practices with other renowned corporate, NBCC partnered Great-Place-to-Work (GPTW) Institute, global authority on building, sustaining and recognising high-trust, and high-performing workplace cultures.
The company offers good perks along with a balanced professional and personal life. In this article, we have tried to provide all the information necessary about the National Building Construction Corporation Limited. If you have any more queries or issues you can write to us and we will make sure to answer all your doubts.
We hope all the students the best of luck for your IES and GATE preparation. May you succeed in all your future endeavors and live a content life.