A wholly-owned Government of India Enterprise under the Ministry of Power, Power System Operation Corporation Limited (POSOCO) was formed in March 2009 to handle the power management functions of PGCIL. POSOCO was earlier a wholly-owned subsidiary of Power Grid Corporation of India Limited (PGCIL) and is responsible to ensure the integrated operation of the Grid in a reliable, efficient, and secure manner. It has 5 Regional Load Despatch Centres and a National Load Despatch Centre (NLDC). National Load Despatch Centre (NLDC) is the apex body to ensure integrated operation of the national power system.
- National Load Despatch Centre (NLDC)
- Regional Load Despatch Centres (RLDCs)
- Northern Regional Load Despatch Centre (NRLDC) – New Delhi
- Western Regional Load Despatch Centre (WRLDC) – Mumbai
- Eastern Regional Load Despatch Centre (ERLDC) – Kolkata
- Southern Regional Load Despatch Centre (SRLDC) – Bengaluru
- North-Eastern Regional Load Despatch Centre (NERLDC) – Shillong
In order to facilitate the management of large scale renewable (mainly wind and solar) integration in the grid including respective generation-scheduling and generation-forecasting, four Renewable Energy Management Centres (REMCs) are under development: Northern Regional-REMC (co-located with NRLDC), Western Regional-REMC (co-located with WRLDC), Southern Regional-REMC (co-located with SRLDC) and National-REMC (co-located in NLDC premises).
Table of Contents
Functions of POSOCO as per directions of Ministry of Power issued from time to time
- To supervise and control all aspects concerning operations and manpower requirements of RLDCs and NLDC.
- To act as the apex organisation for the human resources requirement of NLDC and RLDCs.
- To ensure the planning and implementation of the infrastructure required for smooth operation and development of NLDC and RLDCs.
- To coordinate the functioning of NLDC and all the RLDCs.
- To advise and assist state-level Load Despatch Centers, including specialised training, etc.
- To perform any other function entrusted to it by the Ministry of Power.
POSOCO career and recruitment*
The POSOCO administration respects its employees and prides itself on attracting the best talent and grooming them to become the finest system operators in the country. With a balanced mix of young and experienced, it is a progressive and innovation-oriented organization. POSOCO innovative culture and their motto of excellence through capacity building provide exposure to state of the art technology and newest trends in the field.
POSOCO has been facilitating capacity building of System Operators across the country through a mechanism of Training and Certification of System Operators from SLDCs/ RLDCs and NLDC.
POSOCO is committed to facilitating Knowledge Sharing, its employees regularly interact with students and peers at various platforms. POSOCO has signed MoUs with centres of excellence to further Industry-Academia collaboration and encourage the professional development of individuals at every stage.
- Executive Trainees: The Executive Trainee was done by POWERGRID till last year, however POSOCO has released the notification for this year separately. The basic information for the same is as mentioned below:
- Eligibility: The Candidate interested in the position of Executive Trainee shall appear in the corresponding paper of GATE and Qualify in the same. The qualifying marks shall be as declared by GATE organizing authority.
- Educational Qualifications: Full Time B.E./ B. Tech/ B.Sc. (Engg.) from recognized University/ Institute with a Minimum 65% or Equivalent CGPA. Final Year / Semester students who expect their results by 14.08.2020 are also eligible, provided they have obtained 65% marks or equivalent CGPA in aggregate of all semesters/years up to pre-final examination.
The eligible branches are:
|S No.||Branches||Eligible branches|
|1.||Electrical||Electrical/ Electrical (Power)/ Electrical and Electronics/ Power Systems Engineering/ Power Engineering (Electrical)|
|2.||Computer Science||Computer Science/ Computer Engg./ Information Technology|
- Age limit: Only Indian Nationals of age 18 years or above are eligible to apply for POSOCO.
The Upper Age limit for the post of Executive Trainee is 28 years with special relaxation to various category students.
- For OBC (NCL) candidates: 3 years (for posts reserved for the respective category)
- For SC/ST candidates: 5 years (for posts reserved for the respective category)
- For PwD candidates: 10 years over and above category relaxation
- J&K Domicile / Ex-Servicemen/ Victims of riots: As per Govt. of India directives
- Selection Procedure:
The Selection Process for Executive Trainee of POSOCO is based on the marks obtained (out of 100) in the corresponding paper of GATE, Group Discussion & Personal Interview. Eligible candidates will have to appear in the corresponding papers of GATE i.e. Electrical Engineering (EE)/ Computer Science and Information Technology (CS).
Candidates who qualify the corresponding paper of GATE shall only be eligible to be considered for the next stage of selection. Qualifying marks in GATE shall be as decided by GATE conducting authority.
Qualified candidates will be short-listed category-wise for Group Discussion & Personal Interview on the basis of normalized marks out of 100 in the GATE examination, in the corresponding paper.
Candidates shall obtain information about their status through their login at the POSOCO Online Application System. Shortlisted candidates shall be able to download their interview call letter and other relevant documents through the candidate login.
Candidates shortlisted for the Group Discussion and Interview shall be required to bring the documents as mentioned in their interview call letter.
Candidates must qualify in the Personal Interview in order to be considered for empanelment. The qualifying % in an interview for different categories are as mentioned below:
|S. No.||Category||Qualifying marks in Interview|
|2.||EWS||40 % ( for posts reserved for the corresponding category)|
|3.||OBC (NCL)/SC/ST/ PwD||30% ( for posts reserved for the corresponding category)|
There are no qualifying marks for the Group Discussion.
- Weightage of Different Parameters
For calculation of the final score of a candidate for empanelment, the weightages of marks obtained in GATE, Group Discussion and Interview shall be as indicated below:
|1.||GATE 2020 Marks (out of 100) in corresponding Paper||85%|
Appointment of selected candidates will be subject to their being found medically fit in the Pre – Employment Medical Examination to be conducted as per POSOCO Norms and Standards of Medical Fitness.
- Compensation Package:
The Selected candidates for the post of Executive Trainee will be placed in the pay scale of ₹ 60000-180000 and other allowances and benefits as applicable, during the one-year training period. On regularization, compensation package for all above posts will also include Performance Related Pay, Company Leased Accommodation / Company Quarters or HRA, Reimbursement of monthly conveyance expenditure, mobile facility, Group Insurance, Personal Accident Insurance, PF, Gratuity, Pension & Leave encashment, etc.
The Corporation also offers excellent facilities like Short and Long Term Loans & Advances including House Building Advance, Medical facilities for self and dependents, etc. in accordance with the policies of the Corporation from time to time.
- Service Agreement Bond
The selected candidates will be required to execute a service agreement bond to successfully complete the prescribed training period and thereafter serve the organization for at least three years. The amount of the bond is INR 1,00,000/- for General/EWS/OBC (NCL) candidates and INR 50,000/- for SC/ST/PwD candidates.
- Educational Qualifications: The education Qualification for each post of Diploma Trainee has been mentioned below:
|S No.||Branch||Educational Qualifications|
|1.||Diploma Trainee (Electrical)||Diploma in Electrical /Electrical & Electronics Engineering from recognized Technical Board/Institute with minimum 70% marks in aggregate of all semesters/years for General/OBC (NCL) candidates and pass marks for SC/ST candidates.|
|2.||Diploma Trainee (Civil)||Diploma in Civil Engineering from recognized Technical Board/Institute with minimum 70% marks in aggregate of all semesters/years for General/OBC (NCL)/ST candidates and pass marks for SC candidates.|
|3.||Diploma Trainee (Computer Science)||Diploma in Computer Science/ Computer Engg./ Information Technology from recognized Technical Board/Institute with minimum 70% marks in aggregate of all semesters/years for General/OBC (NCL)/SC/ST candidates.|
- Age limit: Only Indian Nationals who have attained the age of 18 years and above are eligible to apply.
The upper age limit is different for different vacancies:
Diploma Trainee: Electrical and Civil
27 years for UR
30 years for OBC(NCL) 32 years for SC/ST
Diploma Trainee: Computer Science
27 years for UR/ OBC (NCL)/ SC/ ST
- Selection Procedure:
The selection procedure for the Diploma Trainee is a written test.
Written Test shall be of Objective Type of two hours’ duration consisting of two parts –
|1.||Part 1||Technical Knowledge Test having specific questions of respective
|2.||Part 2||Aptitude Test on vocabulary, verbal comprehension, quantitative
aptitude, reasoning ability, ability to determine data sufficiency, interpretation of graphs/charts/tables,
numerical ability etc.
All questions carry equal marks (1 mark). Wrong and multiple answers would result in negative marks of 1⁄4.
The qualifying criteria for the written test are:
|S No.||Vacancy Reservation||For the post of Diploma Trainee ( Electrical), Diploma Trainee (Civil) and Diploma Trainee (IT)|
|1.||Unreserved Vacancies||Minimum of 40% marks subject to at least 30% marks in each – Part-I & Part-II separately|
|2.||Reserved Vacancies||Minimum of 40% marks in total (Part-I & Part-II combined) separately|
The applicants will have the option to appear for Written Test in HINDI language also. The candidates who opt for Hindi as the medium for the written test shall only be provided the Question paper in Hindi.
- Various relaxation to category students:
|S No.||Category||Age Relaxation||Qualifying marks|
|1.||OBC(NCL)||03 years||No Relaxation|
|3.||Ex-SM – UR||3 years after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age||No Relaxation|
|4.||Ex-SM – OBC(NCL)||6 years (3 years + 3 years) after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age||No Relaxation|
|5.||Ex-SM – SC/ST||8 years (5 years + 3 years) after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age||Pass|
|6.||PwD – UR||10 years||Pass|
|7.||PwD –OBC(NCL)||10+3 =13 years||Pass|
|8.||PwD –SC/ST||10+5 = 15 years||Pass|
- Compensation Package:
Stipend during the training period of One year is ₹16,500 per month. Selected candidates will be placed in the regular pay scale of W4 level in Workmen category i.e. with basic pay of 12500/- in the pay scale of 12500-27500/- (IDA)
Besides the above, the compensation package also includes IDA, HRA and other allowances, benefits such as monthly conveyance reimbursement, medical facilities, various insurance covers, LTC, Performance Related Pay, Leave encashment, CPF, Gratuity and various low interest short/long term advances to regular employees as per rules in force from time to time.
- Service Agreement: Candidates selected as Diploma Trainee (Electrical/Civil/IT) will be required to execute a Service Agreement Bond of Rs. 50,000/- (Rs. 25,000 for candidates belonging to SC/ST/PwD) for serving POWERGRID for a minimum period of 3 years after successful completion of training period of one year.
- Medical Conditions: Appointment of selected candidates will be subject to having sound health & being found medically fit in the Pre- Employment Medical Examination to be conducted as per the Norms and Standards of Medical Fitness (Please visit the career section of our website for details of medical standards).
Candidates selected under PWD category except the handicap for which relaxation is acceptable must be within the prescribed normal range for all other physical standards.
A global institution of excellence for reliable & resilient power systems, fostering efficient electricity markets, promoting economy and sustainability, the Corporation offers a very attractive pay package which is one of the best in the Industry. This is the first time that POSOCO has released the vacancy through GATE. Until last year the vacancy was released by POWERGRID, however from GATE 2020 POSOCO will release its own vacancies.
All the interested candidates can apply for the post through the POSOCO website and get a chance to work with the best and most talented professionals. We have provided all the information about the recruitment in POSOCO, please feel free to write to us about any other confusion.
* Note: This is not a job notification and should be treated or quoted as the same. The purpose of this article is to give the aspirants a detailed knowledge about the organization, the various job profiles and the procedure of recruitment. Job notifications are posted separately on our blog as and when they are published by the issuing authority.